Build and grow international teams
Work in Lithuania helps to attract the best international talent to your team and navigate all the practicalities of international recruitment.
Talent sourcing made easy
The global talent market has no borders. Work in Lithuania helps top employers find and hire the best specialists from around the world.
Post job listings and get matched with the right candidates
Access, browse and use our database to discover new talent
Get insights and advice on international recruitment
Benefit from marketing campaigns we run in foreign markets to attract global talent
Hiring internationally has never been easier. Here is a simple guide that will take you through all the practicalities.
- Define the positions you want to offer to international specialists and the skills you require for them to have.
- Choose talent sourcing and recruitment channels. Set a budget and decide whether your in-house recruitment team has the resources to manage your international recruitment campaign. Partnering with an agency in a target market can help you tailor your value proposition to the expectations of specialists living in a certain country.
- Learn about the migration process and the regulations for hiring EU and non-EU citizens. Find out more at migracija.lt and uzt.lt.
- Think of a relocation package candidates would find attractive. It could be anything from a one-off payment (e.g. 1-month salary) to the reimbursement of travel expenses and visa fees.
- Prepare your team. It would be great to inform your colleagues in advance that you are about to start recruiting internationally. Talk them through the advantages a more diverse environment can bring not just to the company, but to them as individuals.
- Get in touch with Work in Lithuania for guidance and tips on how to make that first step.
- Craft your job ads having in mind not just the positions you’re hiring for but also the perks you can offer. Post your ads online for everyone to see. A good place to start is the Work in Lithuania portal which targets only highly-qualified international specialists. LinkedIn, Monster.com, and Stack Overflow are some of the other global job ad platforms that might help to get the word out.
- To increase your chances of getting the right candidates, make sure to register and benefit from the Work in Lithuania talent database. Other good places for headhunting are LinkedIn and Stack Overflow.
- Set up a remote interview process. Make sure to ask not just about the candidate’s experience and skills, but also about things that would motivate them to move. Apart from their motivation, check more practical aspects like relevant paperwork, family situation (whether the person would be moving alone or not) and so on.
- Play the role of Lithuania’s ambassador. Be prepared to answer questions about why Lithuania is good for both working and living a fulfilling life. For more ideas check our the Discover Lithuania section of our website.
Your new hire might need your support with relocation matters, such as:
- finding a home and declaring their place of residence,
- enrolling in the healthcare system and registering at a medical institution,
- opening a bank account,
- finding a kindergarten or a school for their kids,
- registering a vehicle.
- You can refer your candidate to the relocation section on our website to help them prepare for their move. Also consider partnering with companies that provide professional relocation services: Nortvus, Relokon, or Relocation to Lithuania.
- Find a person on your team who can act as a mentor for your international colleague and help them navigate the company. It can also be useful to create a guide for foreign talent with information on job procedures, corporate policies, contact persons, corporate values etc.
- Make sure that your team is ready to welcome a new member. If necessary, offer additional language lessons and cross-cultural workshops. Improving levels of cultural awareness helps you to avoid some costly failures in communication.
If you are hiring EU citizens, check EURES to see if they are eligible to receive financial support for travel expenses to a job interview, reimbursement of relocation costs or language courses.Visit website
IHV provides valuable support and information to people relocating to Vilnius. They host consultants and experts from relevant national agencies and organisations under one roof to ensure the integration process is as easy as possible.Visit website
Ready to dive into international recruitment? Our collection of downloadable materials is a great place to start. Take a look at our reports, research papers and other informative documents.
These companies have already found the right talent using the Work in Lithuania platform.
hired several IT specialists from Belarus, one of whom already leads her own team.
hired a candidate with significant international experience to a senior position.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for the Work in Lithuania company newsletter and get the latest on international recruitment straight to your inbox.